A new year is typically accompanied by a fresh approach and reinvigorated drive to make improvements to our lives and lifestyles. Whether it’s dropping a few kilograms or achieving that promotion you’ve been after for a while, it’s important to go about achieving what you want in 2022 in ways that are sustainable and SMART.
By, SMART, we mean SMART goal setting – making your goals Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. This entails:
- Specific: making sure your goals are well defined, clear, and concise.
- Measurable: having specific criteria in place to measure your progress along the way to accomplishing your goal
- Achievable: Is your goal actually attainable and not impossible to achieve?
- Realistic: Your goal must be within reach, realistic, and relevant to your life purpose
- Timely: Ensuring you are following a clearly defined timeline, which includes a start and deadline date. The purpose of this aspect is to create a sense of urgency that pushes you to achieve your goal.
Unlike new year resolutions that can often be vague and unsustainable, setting a goal according to the SMART methodology is a more efficient way of achieving what you really want. That doesn’t mean it’s easy or a ‘quick fix’ – sticking to goals takes hard work, determination, planning and support.
If sticking to a goal feels too overwhelming, or perhaps you’ve been down the same road before unsuccessfully, a coach can support you in achieving your goals. Awakening Excellence offers executive business and life coaching on a one-on-one and group basis to help with this very challenge, and we can certainly help you start achieving the life you want today!
While 2021 may have been a whirlwind for many of us, 2022 can be the start of a new, more fulfilling life where we open ourselves up to opportunity, possibility, and the power that is inherent in all of us.
Let’s get started on building the life, career and business you want and deserve from 2022 onwards. Get in touch with us by sending an enquiry email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113262314 for more information.