For over 10 years Mariam Sha has helped organisations such as the Wholesale and Retail SETA, Rivtech, Froggies Shoes, grow and develop their business to achieve high staff morale and motivation, increased profits and productivity and overall business success. Mariam’s passion for people and her knowledge and understanding of business ensures that every person and company is left wealthier after interacting with her.
Over the years, we have discovered that great change and improvement happens within a company only when it is treated as a living entity, with a soul, a spirit, as well as a structure and a bottom line.
We also discovered that some consulting services provide great and long-lasting benefits, others do not. Those that do, enable management to touch the spirit of their company and cause it to change.
Our association with a network of specialists enable us to assist our clients with a total solution to the challenges that they are facing in the business environment.
We cause to happen very quickly, what CEOs want to happen, what companies need to happen, with the full buy-in and commitment of managers.
Awakening Excellence is an international BEE Company specialising in business consulting and people management. We offer consulting services, training and development. Our aim is to be your partner to create a sustainable, successful business and to inculcate and develop an entrepreneurial spirit in South Africa.
We assist you in growing your leaders, building your teams and managing change to help you increase productivity and profitability.
“Working with clients to improve the bottom line on a sustainable basis”
Be it business transformation, business improvement or management consulting, our mission is to improve our clients’ bottom line on a sustainable basis.
“Knowing where you are and what you are facing”
We’ve experienced working with small and large organisations. By assessing your current status we are able to advise on the best solution to meet your needs.
“Knowing where and what to be”
Knowing where a business is and what it is facing, we help businesses to achieve strategic clarity in terms of their envisioned future and positioning for competitive advantage.
“Knowing how to get there”
To close the loop, we help businesses to implement the required change throughout their organisations by means of objectives, measures, timelines, targets and initiatives.
We involve the organisation in designing and implementing change, thereby enhancing buy-in and ownership of change interventions.
We understand that each individual is unique and harness their strengths, taking them where they need to be both in their personal and professional lives.
Awakening Excellence is:
- A member of the Association of Private Providers of Education and Training Development (APPETD)
- An accredited training provider with the Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA)
Awakening Excellence’s Values:
- Deliver meaningful results to our clients
- Be the best at what we do
- Be leaders in developing and applying significant, new concepts
- Be a stable and profitable business
- Be stronger as a team than we are as individuals
- Maintain an extraordinary level of both quality and productivity
- Respect and value everyone at Awakening Excellence as a person, not just as an employee
- Maintain the highest ethics
- Be one firm worldwide
We succeed in what we do – which is some of the most challenging work in business today – because of our deeply collaborative culture. Our best work comes from embracing diverse points of view, internally and externally.
This approach helps us find innovative answers to our client’s questions, but it has another important benefit. It helps create deep, lasting relationships with clients and colleagues alike – the relationships that make Awakening Excellence such a great place to work.
- Mentorship programme – an example of aligning the programme to women’s month and pairing women across the organization with senior management to improve their skills and knowledge to support them for promotion or succession planning.
- Measuring the impact of interventions – we have over the years measured the impact of training intervention – i.e. management development programme, coaching interventions. The impact on an individual, team and organizational level. Providing recommendations to enhance and improve the intervention.
- Employee engagement and climate surveys – our surveys are both qualitative and quantitative – providing a rich source of data on the culture and practices with in an organization. This input of people across the organisations, means our recommendations speak to peoples directly to people’s concerns. We customized the surveys to meet the client’s objectives – for example working from home during the Covid-19 lockdown and peoples work experiences.
- Recognition strategy – in 90 of our surveys we recognition and reward were identified as a challenge in organisations, people not feeling valued and appreciated. Our customized strategy involves people in the process of identifying factors that motivate them and make them been appreciated.
- Skills audit and Learning pathways – from a competency assessment aligned to the individual roles we create learning pathways.
- Organizational Development Strategies – working with the Human Resources Department and senior management, we develop the OD strategy aligned to supporting the business achieve its ambition. People are our greatest assets; therefore, our OD strategy enables and support people to achieve the business objectives, addressing Leadership, Culture and values, Capabilities, Recognition, Innovation, Performance management and the triple bottom line creating a sustainable business.
- Values assessment – values are not written for the benefit of a business plan but to create a desired culture through behaviour change. In many organisation values are not measured and behaviour of individuals create negatively impacting on the performance of the organisations. Our assess addresses the understanding and the relevance of the organisations values and additional recommended values that people think would help improve the business.
- Organizational culture change – creating an engaged high performing culture. Through a baseline assessment we identify enablers and disablers in the current culture and working with people from all levels in the organisations define the desired culture and steps to achieve it. Awakening excellence from our own research and experience in this area make recommendations and track and support the business until it achieves its desired culture.
- Health and Wellbeing – Work life balance assessment and strategies – taking preventative measures to avoid burnout and unhealthy stress levels, we assess the current practices and behaviour of individuals and the norms within the organisation that encourages certain behaviour. In a consultative process we develop a health and will being strategy for the organisation, and using metric measure improvements over time.
- Leadership 360-degree assessments – Leaders are the foundation of the organisations. A renowned speaker once said if you want to understand the organisations culture, observe the leaders within the organisation. People in the organisations look to leaders on how to behave and what is acceptable or not in an organisation. Our 360-degree assessment includes input from the leader’s team, peers and senior management. We provide individual feedback and coaching to the leader and steps to improve on areas identified for development.
- Discussing the undiscussables – team building – a facilitated session with managers and the team to address challenges and together agree on the solutions to resolve the issues. A safe environment allows for open discussion, while remaining solution focused.